How to remove Win 7 Internet Security 2011 – Fake Antivirus/Spyware Program
Win 7 Internet Security 2011 is a fake anti spyware program that is designed to make you pay for what you think is a piece of software that will rid your computer of viruses and spyware. In fact what it’s actually doing is the following:
- Popping up messages such as:
Severe system damage!
Spyware and viruses detected in the background. Sensitive system components under attack! Data loss, identity theft and system corruption are possible. Act now, click here for free security scan.
System Security Alert!
Your system was scanned for security breaches. Attention : <number> serious issues were detected.Safeguard your system against exploits, malware and viruses right now by activating Proactive Defense
System Intrusion detected. Your system is infected. System integrity is at risk. Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords. Click here to perform a security repair.
Rogue malware detected in your system. Data leaks and system damage are possible. Click here for a free security scan and spyware deletion
Internet Explorer alert. Visiting this site may pose a security threat to your system!
Possible reasons include:
- Dangerous code found in this site's pages which installed unwanted software into your system.
- Suspicious and potentially unsafe network activity detected
- Spyware infection in your system.
- Complains from other users about this site.
- Port and system scans performed by the site being visited.
- It shows false infection and error messages to make you think your system is infected
- Constantly pops up with its fake messages
- It may create pop-ups and re-direct your browser.
- There is no uninstallation process, so cannot be uninstalled through the add remove programs.
Win 7 Internet Security 2011 Removal guide
The automatic removal of this fake program using 3rd party free software is as follows:
- Download and run Rkill. - this will stop the process.
- Download and install malwarebytes. - Run a full scan and let malwarebytes remove any infections.
The executable this program is know to run under can be found c:\users\<username>\local settings\application data\rtk.exe
Tags: Remove Win 7 Internet Security 2011 help, get rid of Win 7 Internet Security 2011, uninstall Win 7 Internet Security 2011, delete Win 7 Internet Security 2011 protect your pc. How to remove Win 7 Internet Security 2011 removal guide.