Remove Internet Security Essentials – Fake Antivirus/Spyware Program
Internet security essentials is a fake anti spyware program that is designed to make you pay for what you think is a piece of software that will rid your computer of viruses and spyware. In fact what it’s actually doing is the following:
- Popping up messages such as:
Continue working in unprotected mode is very dangerous. Viruses can damage your confidential data and work on your computer. Click here to protect your computer.
Critical System Warning! Your system is probably infected with a version of Trojan-Spy.HTML.Visafraud.a. This may result in website access passwords being stolen from Interner Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook etc. Click Yes to scan and remove threats.
- It shows false infection and error messages to make you think your system is infected
- Constantly pops up with its fake messages
- It may create pop-ups and re-direct your browser.
- There is no uninstallation process, so cannot be uninstalled through the add remove programs.
This is one of a family of fake anti spyware programs of which there are many here are a few variations:
- AntiVirus Live 2010
- Advanced Security Tool 2010.
- Home Personal Antivirus
- IE-Security, Security Central
- System Tool
- Win PC Defender
- Win PC Antivirus
- XP Deluxe Protector
- XP Police Antivirus
Internet security essentials Removal guide
The automatic removal of this fake program using 3rd party free software is as follows:
- Download and run Rkill. - this will stop the process.
- Download and install malwarebytes. - Run a full scan and let malware bytes remove any infections.
If you are having problems and the above method is not working for you. You can try manually removing the infection :
- Boot the computer into safe mode using f8 when the computer starts up
- Locate the infection. (maybe in a hidden system folder. so make sure you can see all hidden folders, an option to show them is found in folder options) You will be able to find the infections in one of the following locations:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\<randomcharacters>]\<randomcharacters>.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\<randomcharacters>.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\all users\Local Settings\Application Data\<randomcharacters>.exe
Windows Vista and 7
- C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\<randomcharacters>.exe
- C:\Users\all users\\AppData\Local\<randomcharacters>.exe
- Once located delete the file <randomcharacters>.exe (you could rename it if your worried)
- Reboot the computer in normal mode. (the program should not load)
- Download and install the software malwarebyes and run a full scan to remove.
Tags: Remove Internet security essentials help, get rid of Internet security essentials, uninstall Internet security essentials, delete Internet security essentials protect your pc.