Internet Explorer 8 back button not working. Cannot add to favourites
If you are clicking on the back button within IE 8 and it just does nothing or you are trying to add a webpage to your favourites and it just does nothing, then there is a problem with IE. This is a common problem. If downloading the latest updates does not fix the problem then you need to follow the steps below to get it working.
- Make sure all browser windows closed.
- Click the Windows button in the bottom left hand corner.
- In the search programs box type internet. Items will appear above.
- Click internet options. A new window will appear.
- Click on the advanded tab.
- Select reset internet explorer options.
- Its best to tick the reset personal settings. This will remove saved passwords, history (not faviourites) and other items. If you dont want to lose these leave unticked.
- Click reset. You issues should be resolved.