Internet Explorer has stopped working.
Internet Explorer 8. If you are surfing the internet and you get this error message intermitatly. There is something wrong with your broswer. The browser normally restarts directs you back to the same page and you can continue working. This can caused by various things, but its most likely an addon or toolbar is corrupt and causing the error. To fix this error we can revert the internet explorer browser back to its original settings with no add-ons. To do this follow the steps below :
- Make sure all browser windows closed.
- Click the Windows button in the bottom left hand corner.
- In the search programs box type internet. Items will appear above.
- Click internet options. A new window will appear.
- Click on the advanded tab.
- Select reset internet explorer options.
- Its best to tick the reset personal settings. This will remove saved passwords, history (not faviourites) and other items. If you dont want to lose these leave unticked.
- Click reset. You issues should be resolved.