Internet Explorer 9 Error Message - We were unable to return you to <Web Page Name>, Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.
When you recieve this error message you get a page with a whit cross in a red circle and the following information.
- We were unable to return you to <Web Page Name>
- Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website.
- It appears that the website continues to have a problem.
I got this error message when access keepvid and trying to download videos from youtube. You may get this on many other sites. This is due to changes in IE9 and Java Runtimes compatibility. If you have java version 6 update 22 or java version 6 update 23 then you will get this message.
To resolve this problem you need to goto the java website and download the latest version. If you do not wish to install the latest version you can use a work around by adding the sites to your compatibility list.:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Press the Alt key on the keyboard to access the menu.
- Click Tools, and then click Compatibility View Settings.
- Type the address of the website in the Add this website text box.
- Click Add to add the site to the Compatibility View list, and then close the Compatibility View Settings window.
- You issue should not be resolved.
- Its best to tick the reset personal settings. This will remove saved passwords, history (not faviourites) and other items. If you dont want to lose these leave unticked.
- Click reset. You issues should be resolved.